12 September 2012

Nabal's Selfishness

It's all Mine!!



1 Samuel 25:10-11 “And Nabal answered David's servants, and said, Who is David? and who is the son of Jesse? there be many servants now a days that break away every man from his master.
Shall I then take my bread, and my water, and my flesh that I have killed for my shearers, and give it unto men, whom I know not whence they be?”

What a selfish man! In one sentence he uses the word 'my' four times. Nabal was a very rich man, yet he wouldn't share even a little of what he had.
Girls, don't ever marry a man because of how much money he has. A man's character is far more important than how rich he is. It's far better to be married to a poor man who is kind and loving, than to a rich, selfish man. Don't ever forget that!
Nabal thought of everything as being his—my bread, my water, my flesh, my shearers. Do we have his mindset? It's my life, my car, my money, my time, my things, my decision, and my choice.
Is anything we have really ours?
Psalms 24:1 “The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”
Our life and everything we have belongs to God. We have no right to try and keep it for ourselves. God can take away anything we have at any time, if He chooses.
If our life is God's, we should be asking Him, “What do you want me to do with my life?” If our time is God's, we should be thinking, “How does God want me to use my time?” If our things are God's, we should ask, “How can I use these things for Him?”
Nabal wouldn't share what God had given him. How about us? Are we generous with what we have? Do we give our time to help others? Do we use our things to be a blessing to others? Do we share our money with those who need it?
Matthew 10:8 “...freely ye have received, freely give.”
So often we tend to think of things as being ours. We forget that everything we have has been given to us by God.
It's not mine, it's God's!

No comments:

Post a Comment