24 September 2013

Use Your Talents for God

by Ruth Lauridsen

This is something that I have/am learning.
A couple of months back, a girl said to me something like this. “ It had taken me a while to realize that if I enjoy doing something I should do my best and do it unto the LORD.” That has stuck with me. If I enjoy doing something I should do it to the best of my ability. For example I really like to sing. But instead of singing only just so people can hear my voice. I should be singing to the LORD. So now I don’t need to be afraid to sing my best in case people think I am showing off. But I can sing by best and sing it to my LORD. If you  have an ability to do something, use it. Find out ways to use the talent God has given you and do it the best of your ability, to the LORD.
But don’t get proud about it and make it become your idol. Just use the talent God has given you and for His glory.

“Neglect not the gift that is in thee,………… give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
                                                                    1 Timothy 4:14a & 15b

“ As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of  God. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it to the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”      
                                              1 Peter 4:10-11  
 



“ And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
                                                Colossians 3:23-24

              Give of Your Best to the Master       
     Give of your best to the Master; Give of the strength of your youth; Armed with the sword of salvation, Join in the battle for truth. Jesus has set the example; His life for others He gave; Give Him your loyal devotion, Give Him the best that you have.

    Give of your best to the Master; Give Him first place in your heart; Give Him first place in your service, Fully surrender each part. Give, and to you it shall be given; God, His beloved Son gave; Gratefully seeking to serve Him, Give Him the best that you have.

    Give of your best to the Master; Naught else is worthy His love; He gave Himself for your ransom, Gave up His glory above: Laid down His life without murmur, You from sin’s ruins to save; Give Him your heart’s adoration, Give Him the best that you have.
                                         - Howard Grose -
 

1 comment:

  1. It is sometimes a trick to recognize our talents, but I fully agree with you! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete