28 February 2014

A Sin Against God

(Lessons from Potiphar's Wife)
"But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" Genesis 39:8-9

What would your answer be if you were asked to do something wrong? Would it be, “But what if we get caught? What if someone finds out? What will the consequences be?”
I like Joseph's answer!How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Joseph's biggest concern was about pleasing God and doing what was right. Joseph didn't even consider it. It was not an option. A temptation? Yes! But an option? No!
"My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. "Proverbs 1:10
Don't even consider sin; it's not an option for a Christian.
Don't think, “Maybe it's not really that wrong. No one would know. That Christian did it so it can't be that bad.”
Think like Joseph How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” 
Joseph feared God.
Do you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really like how you used scripture in this. You so perfectly connected scripture to real, modern experiences all teenagers have.

    You are Beautiful.

    (http://lovinghimiselementary.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete