21 September 2014

It's the Little Things

Last week I stopped at the petrol station to get $20.00 petrol. As I was about to put my pin number in for my visa card I realized that I was about to pay $200.00! A little dot had been put in the wrong place.
I remarked to the man who had overcharged me, "A little dot makes a big difference!"
There are many little things in life that make a big difference. A little bullet, a little stone in your shoe, a little poisonous insect or spider, a little bee, a little cut in your finger etc.
There are also many little things we do or don't do that can make a big difference to our lives.
We'll start with the negative
A little lie
Gossip
A nasty or negative comment
An angry word
A little silence--the silent treatment
Talking back to someone in authority--backchatting
A little alcohol, drugs or a cigarette-- Drunkards, alcoholics, druggies and smokers all get started with a little bit.
A bad habit
A friend who is a bad influence
A bad attitude
A moment of uncontrolled anger

But then there's the positive...
A word of encouragement
A smile
A card
A gift
A phonecall
A tract--many people have gotten saved through reading a little tract.
A question--"Are you saved?" "Can I help you?" "How are you doing?"
A prayer
Lending a hand to an elderly person
A Bible verse--There are many single verses that make such a difference to my life
A little faith


No comments:

Post a Comment