4 September 2014

Too small to make a difference?

Do you ever feel that you're too small, too insignificant or too ordinary to make a difference?
My little boy is nearly 5 months old. He can't do much yet. He's still very dependent. He can't talk, walk or help with anything. I have to do everything for him.
But, you know what? He makes a difference to our house! He has a big smile and a cute giggle. Sometimes it's impossible to be grumpy when he's around!
One afternoon when he had just started to smile, I was trying to have a rest. He woke up needing a feed. Since he was feeding very often and having very short sleeps, I was feeling tired and frustrated. I was about to grudgingly feed him when he looked up at me and voluntarily gave me a huge smile! My frustration melted instantly.
He is so small and so dependent, yet he makes our home a happier place and he brightens up our lives. He adds so much enjoyment to our day. He can't do much, but he does what he can and he makes a difference.
We are all able to do much more than a little baby. While there may be things we can't do, we can at least smile, give an encouraging word, pray or give someone a card. There are many more things that we can do.
Never think that you can't make a difference!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment