24 June 2015

God Won't Give You More than You Can Handle

What a special promise!
There are no difficulties or temptations you go through that no one has ever been through before. There is someone else who has been through the same thing and come through as a more beautiful person with a greater trust in God.
What troubles do you have at the moment? Health issues, relationship problems, family difficulties, a difficult job, trying people around you, not enough money? You are not the only one! So be encouraged. If other people can get through, so can you.
But God is faithful---unchanging, consistently reliable---the opposite to us! He can give you the strength you need.
He will not give you more than you can handle with His help.
Do you feel like you can't possibly cope? That you can't get through your difficulties? Remember and trust this promise. God has promised not to give you more than you can handle. You can do it, if you will trust Him to help you. 
 The other day I told one of my girls to do something that I knew that she could do. She just sat there and said over and over, "I can't do it." My answer was, "You can, now just do it!" It made me think of myself and how often I think or pray to God, "I can't do this. It's too hard. I don't have what it takes." I wondered, "Does God feel the same way I feel as a mother? Is God's answer the same to me? You can, now just do it!"
What God wants from you may seem impossible and too hard. And for you it is. But when you depend on God, He can help you through anything.
He will make a way to escape so that you can handle it. The way to escape might be taking away the problem or it may be showing you some way to deal with it. I find it very hard being a mother sometimes, and I have to pray and look for ways to cope. Ways to escape! And God has promised that there will always be a way to escape! A way to get through.
Instead of saying, "I can't do this" say "I can do this with God's help!"


No comments:

Post a Comment