26 January 2016

Does Jesus Care?

(Lessons from Martha)
Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house
And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. Luke 10:38-40

Martha questioned whether Jesus cared. Her question also sounds accusing. Don't you care?
Do you ever question whether God cares about you and your problems?
A few month ago I asked God the same question. Our baby was in hospital in intensive care connected to oxygen, tubes and monitors and we didn't know how long she would be there for. Our 3 other little children were 5 hours away and I hadn't seen them for about 5 days. We had made a plan so that they could come and stay with us, but then we realized that plan might not work. So I didn't know when I would see them again. When you're a mother, you'll understand what that feels like! I felt so miserable as I cried out to God, "Where are You? Why is this happening? Why can't I even look after my own children? What good can possibly come out of this?"
Thankfully it did work out for our children to come!
I had to give our children over to God and trust that He would work it together for good as He has promised. And God showed me so many times that He does care. That night I met another lady in the NICU who had little children that she was a long way away from and she had hardly seen them in the last month. Although she hated it, she had accepted it and knew her children would be fine. Talking to her really helped me, and I knew that God used her to confirm to me that my children would be fine. Often during those weeks of being in hospital, when I was feeling really down, God would show me He cared through some person or in some other way.
Do you have the same question? Does Jesus care?
Jesus knows everything you are going through. He knows your past, your family situation, your problems, and your pain.
He understands.
God created women so he understands how you think and act! He understands exactly how you feel.
Others may not understand, but God does.
He doesn't just know and understand. He cares.
There are many stories in the Bible that show us how God cares. The Prodigal Son and the Lost Sheep are 2 examples.
You will still go through hard times, but God will help you through them if you cry out to Him. I can say from experience that when you are going through a hard time, experiencing God's care is very special! I don't know how to put it into words. It's bittersweet. The hard times hurt, but God becomes very close and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment