25 February 2016

10 Reasons Why You Should Stay Pure Until Marriage

This post isn't to condemn those of you who have already failed in this area.
But it is my earnest prayer that this post would prevent someone from having to learn the hard way why God says to wait until marriage.
Thankfully I don't have to speak from experience. But from what I have heard from others who learned the hard way, I know it's true. By God's grace, I stayed pure and I wish this for every other unmarried girl. You don't have to learn the hard way!

Why is it important?

1) God says so
God has warned us so many times in the Bible. If God says it, it's important! God created us and He knows what is good. He has rules for our good.

2)It saves much regret
No one ever regreted staying pure. Doing right doesn't bring regret!
But from what I've heard over and over from those who've failed in this area, it brings regret that you have to live with for the rest of your life. God forgives and forgets when we repent, but we can't forget!

3)It saves unnecessary complications.
I'm talking here about getting pregnant before you are married. I went to a parenting course where the majority of the mums had children to different dads that they were no longer with. Listening to all the problems each week that this kind of lifestyle brings, I realized just how wise God is and how good the Biblical principles about marriage are. I heard about problems I never would have imagined. So many complications---children having to still see their dads etc. I am so glad I was kept from those problems.

4)Purity is the greatest wedding gift you can give your future husband

5)Once your purity is lost, you can never undo it.
It's permanent. You can be forgiven and put things right as much as you can, but you can't change it. It is a 'permanent marker.'

6)Being a parent is hard work!
Again about getting pregnant. I can't imagine trying to raise my children without my husband! It is hard and you need a husband's support and help. Children need a mum and a dad.

7) It is the 'easy' way
It may be hard to wait, but in the long run it is the easy way. So many people today do it the hard way!

8)It brings no shame
Sin brings shame. When you are married and you get pregnant, it is happy news. There is nothing shameful about it. But when you're not married, it brings you shame because it is a result of sin. If you call yourself a Christian it brings shame to God's name too.

9)It saves guilt
Sin brings guilt. Even when you are forgiven you may still struggle with guilt. Whereas if you wait, there is no need to feel guilty.

10) It brings joy!
How nice it is on your wedding day to know that you waited. You are brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment