3 February 2019

How Often Do You Eat?

How often do you read the Bible? Every day? Once a week? Once a month? Never?
When I say reading your Bible, I mean reading it for the purpose of learning from it, not just as a tradition or something you have to do.
On Christmas day we were at my parents. We had a delicious big lunch and we all ate a lot. But guess what? In spite of a big lunch, we still ate dinner! We didn't stop eating because of all the food we had already eaten. Why do we eat over and over again, every day, week after week?
We definitely don't need all that we eat, but we do need to eat every day. Even a big meal won't keep us full for a week.
Thinking about it, I was convicted. The Bible is compared to food. And yet, I am guilty of neglecting it. I'm guilty of thinking that my physical food is more important than my spiritual food.

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby. 1 Peter 2:2

But he (Jesus) answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  Matthew 4:4

What about you? How important is your Bible to you?
If you want to be a strong Christian, don't starve yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment