31 March 2013

Questions!

And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
And the LORD said unto her,...
Do you ever struggle with questions like Rebekah did?
Why did that trial happen to me? Why is my life turning out like this? What does this verse or passage in the Bible mean? What does God want me to do when I'm finished school? Is this right or wrong? How do I know what God's will for my life is? What does God expect from me?

It's normal to have questions. But when we have questions, we should follow Rebekah's example—take your questions to God in prayer.
God answered Rebekah's prayer. If we earnestly pray about our questions, God will answer us. There are some questions that we may not see the answer to till a long time later. But it still helps to pray about them, as God may give us the encouragement we need to keep trusting Him even though we may not understand.
But how will God answer the questions you take to Him? He doesn't usually speak to people today like He used to speak to people in the Bible. But He still speaks.
 1)He speaks through the Bible. Sometimes when I've prayed about things, I've seen the answer in a Bible verse. Maybe it will be through a sermon we hear preached.
 2)He can speak to us through another person. I remember one time I was thinking about why dreams used to have special meanings in the Bible but not today. (I dream pretty much every night. If all my weird dreams had special meanings.... :) I'm not sure quite how it happened, (maybe I was reading a story about someone in the Bible who had a dream to my little sisters) but my little sister said to me, “I wonder why dreams meant something back then? Oh, I guess it's because they didn't have the Bible back then and that was a way God could speak to them.” Something like that anyway. I was thinking, well, that answered my question!!
3)He can bring ideas into our minds
 4) He can also speak to us through circumstances.
So, what are you doing with your questions?
It's amazing what happens when we pray!
Don't forget, God knows all the answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment