11 June 2013

I Know Not the Day of My Death


And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Genesis 27:2-4

Isaac was an old man and knew he was near death. He didn't know when it would come so he wanted to be prepared. He wasn't ready yet—there was something to be done first. So he got busy.
But not only old people die. Many young people never get old. In the last few months there have been quite a few teens in my area who have died in car crashes. I heard of a thirteen year old girl who died in her sleep. Another girl came down with a rash and died within a few hours.
None of us know the day of our death. We don't know if we will ever get old.
If you were to die soon, what would need to be done first? What things need changing? Are you ready to meet God?
You need to be preparing now.
If you knew the day of your death, what would you do before that day?
The Bible says

Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14

*First of all, are you saved?
Have your sins been taken care of? Do you know God?

*If you are saved, do you have a right relationship with God?
  Is there any unconfessed sin or anything that has come between you and Him? Are you walking with Him?

* Do you have a right relationship with others?
Are there things that need to be put right with other people? Is there someone you won't talk to? Someone you haven't forgiven?

*Are you collecting memories or things?
I saw that saying on a t-shirt the other day. What is more important to you? Things or people? I'm sure if we knew we didn't have much time left, we wouldn't be so focused on things.
 
*Are there any past wrongs that need to be put right?
Is there anything you've done in the past that you still haven't put right yet? I know of someone who was dying, but there was something he had done a long time ago that he couldn't forget about. He got that off his chest by confessing it and was able to die in peace.

*Are you laying up treasure in Heaven?
Are you spending your time living for God? Are you serving Him with your talents and time?

                                      Don't wait until it's too late!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment