2 February 2015

Open My Eyes

(Prayer Requests from Psalm 119 #2)
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. v18

In another words we would say, “Open my eyes to see wonderful things in the Bible.”

Do you ever read a chapter and forget what you've read by the time you're finished? Do you ever read a story and think “What in the world can I learn from that?" Do you struggle to get anything helpful out of your Bible reading? Do you see any application to your life in what you read? Do you ever read something and think “I've read this so many times, it's become boring!”

I definitely have these problems sometimes. I've been reminded to pray this prayer each time I open my Bible. “Open my eyes to see wonderful things in Your Word.”

If I wrote a book and you had difficulty understanding it, it would make sense to come to me and ask me for help. Since I wrote it, I would be able to explain it. God is the Author of the Bible and He is more than willing to help us when we are humble and ask.

What kind of wonderful things are there in the Bible anyway?
There are answers to the questions about life that we have.
There is wisdom on any topic (relationships, friends, money, time,etc.)
There are stories of real people whose mistakes and good examples we can learn from.
There are promises that we can trust.
There are Biblical principles that will keep us from a lot of trouble.
It tells us what God is like.
It shows us what we are really like and what needs changing in our lives.
It shows us how we can be saved.

The Bible is a treasure chest filled with wisdom for life in 2015. The only problem is that we are often too blind to see the applications and the relevance.

Pray for God to open your eyes and show you something every time you read the Bible. I can guarantee your Bible will come alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment