24 April 2015

Too Small to Pray About?

When Corrie ten Boom had been a prisoner in the concentration camp for a few days, she said to her  sister Betsy, "I have a cold, but I don't have any handkerchief. What should I do?"
Betsy answered, "Pray."
Corrie laughed. Pray for a handkerchief??
But Betsy didn't laugh. She folded her hands and prayed, "Father, in Jesus' name, I pray that You will give Corrie a handkerchief because she has got a cold. Amen."
She had hardly said 'Amen' when Corrie heard someone call out her name. She went to the window and there stood a friend of hers--a fellow prisoner who worked in the hospital. Corrie said "Can you come and visit me?" The friend replied, "No, no. I have no time. I just came to bring you a little present." She gave Corrie a very small package. Corrie opened it and there was a handkerchief!
"How in the world did you know that I needed a handkerchief?" exclaimed Corrie in amazement.
Her friend explained, "I found an old sheet and was sewing handkerchiefs from it. When I was busy, there was a voice in my heart which said, 'Bring a handkerchief to Corrie ten Boom.'"
I love this little story! It proves that there is nothing too small too pray about!
God cares about our smallest needs. It can seem silly to pray about some things, but God has told us in Philippians 4:6 to  Be careful  (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
If something is big enough to bother you, it's big enough to pray about it. If its big enough to worry you, it's big enough to talk to God about.
What's bothering you today? Have you prayed about it?
 

1 comment: