24 July 2015

Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures

What simple pleasures are you thankful for today?
I read on a blog this week of a lady who had surgery and then found out that what had been taken out was cancerous. She shared some things that she had to be thankful for. This was one of them.
I have a new appreciation and wonder for the simple things in life. Including the ability to wash dishes (which I have always loathed...)
This week I found out our unborn baby has a heart problem and will need surgery after it is born. The thought of being in and out of hospital has made me appreciate normal days at home.
Sometimes we need hard times to make us appreciate all the blessings God has given us.
After I have been sick, I so appreciate just having the energy to do my housework and look after my children!
Are you thankful that you can see? That you can walk? That you can talk? That you can hear? That you can smell delicious food and beautiful scents? There are people who would give anything to be able to do some of these things. And yet a lot of the time we just take it for granted and instead complain!
Are you thankful that you have the energy and ability to work? That you have the opportunity to learn and study? That you know about God? That you have a Bible?
I remember once back when I was single, sighing at all the things I had to do. My life was so busy and it seemed I was needed by everybody to do everything! Then the thought came to me, Imagine if you were sick and unable to do all these things. Be thankful you are able to do them!
This week make a point of being thankful and enjoying life's simple pleasures---baking a cake, going for a walk, spending time with a friend, eating a delicious meal, listening to birds singing, taking a hot shower, playing an instrument, making a craft, having quiet time with God,... and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment