10 December 2016

Hidden Reasons


Thismorning I took Hannah, my five year old, to town to pick up some medicines. I parked right outside the pharmacy in a parallel park. My door was facing the road.
I jumped out of the car.
“Get out of the car, Hannah.”
I waited.
She slowly started to move. I waited impatiently. I couldn’t lock up the car until she was out. As I opened my door again to tell her to hurry up, she climbed back into the car.
What is wrong with her? I thought.
Then I heard a man’s voice from Hannah’s side of the car. So I walked around to have a look.
“It’s ok, she’s friendly,” the man was saying from the door of the pharmacy.
His big dog was tied up to the pole just outside Hannah’s door!
No wonder she didn’t want to get out of the car. She is scared of dogs.

I couldn’t see the dog from my side of the car and though Hannah was just being super slow.
 
There are many times you see how someone is acting and you are quick to judge. Right? (If you are like me you’ll say, “Yes, that’s me!”) Yet there may be a good reason for what they are doing that you know nothing about. For example, if a friend of yours is not as friendly to you as they usually are, maybe they are not feeling well. Or maybe they are going through a hard time that you don’t know about. Maybe you meet a new girl and think she’s very unfriendly. She might really struggle with shyness and appear rude because of it. While their actions may not be right, don’t be too quick to judge. I’m not justifying sin and sometimes you do need to speak up, but remember there may be a ‘dog’ that you can’t see! So don’t be proud and look down on them.
Try to think the best of people and remember there may be hidden reasons for what they are doing or how they are acting. Pray for them and maybe you will learn the reason.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment