7 October 2020

What Does It Mean To Seek?

 What Bible verses come to your mind when you think of the word "seek"?

These are the first three that come to my mind.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness...
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found...
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above...

Now when you think of the word "seek", what definition comes to your mind?
The first word that comes to my mind is "look."

Yesterday when I was reading my Bible, I was reading Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above..." To help me think about the verse more, I looked up synonyms (different words for) the word "seek". I was struck with the words I read. They are stronger words than the word "look!"

        explore      inquire      leave no stone unturned      follow
        scout         pursue       investigate                           run after
        hunt          chase         look high and low               track down
        search for

When it comes to knowing and obeying God, are these words that describe you?
Or would the antonyms (opposites) of the word "seek" describe you more accurately?
 
        ignore        quit          give up         shun        forget        disregard
        neglect       laze          discard         lose         drop          be idle
        abandon     relinquish

Which of these two sets of words describe you? I hope that you may be a real seeker of God!
          

No comments:

Post a Comment