4 December 2020

One With God is a Majority

   Lessons from David and Goliath #6 (1 Samuel 17)

Do you ever feel like there is nothing you can do to make a difference? Do you ever think, "I'm just one person. What can I do?" 

David was just one person. He was not just one person, he was a very 'insignificant' person. He was the youngest in his family. He was out looking after sheep, while the rest of his family was having a special meal together. In people's eyes he was no one special. And in this story, he wasn't even a soldier. So how on earth could he fight Goliath, the giant?

Do you hear him saying, "What can I do? I'm only one person." No, his attitude is, "I will do it. God will help me." He knew that one with God is a majority. On his own, he could never have killed Goliath, but God made ALL the difference.

This is very encouraging! Whatever God wants you to do, you can do it with His help, no matter how hard, overwhelming or even impossible it is. He makes ALL the difference. On your own you can't do it. But if you will TRUST and OBEY God, you can fight your giants! You CAN make a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment